photo wildkrattsthumb_zpsric8yz14.png photo planner_zpsygpii84i.png photo freecomicpage_zpszxdhmovn.png photo mathwriting_zps4r5p1mc1.png photo otherprintablesthumb_zpsvolsw9ta.png

Getting used to this cold, winter world



You all know I'm from Southern California, and you know I don't belong in cold, snowy weather at all. I am doing my best to get used to the chilly temps here, I'm talking 17 degrees....
The snow that is falling right now if really very pretty. But I keep imagining going to the store and taking the kids and slipping and tracking in all the wetness. Plus, when the dog goes out he tracks in snow and I have to clean it up. It's all very inconvenient. Plus, cold weather makes me want to eat more. Has anyone else noticed that? I'm itching for spring which won't come for three more months. I waited all summer for the California winter where I did tons of gardening. Now I have to wait for winter here to garden in the spring. I have a trip to see my daughter coming up in two weeks so I am dreaming it will all be perfectly wonderful in Pasadena Land.
Here's some shots of the snow from the inside. I will make a journey outside later to get some snowy house pictures...




Luckily I am able to smell some new roses...I brought a bush from home...and it is blooming...just like it would in So Cal. I wish now that I had brought many more...

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! I'm from So Cal myself...and I gotta tell you, it's quite warm considering it's January. I envy people who live where the snow falls...but I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!

    ReplyDelete