photo wildkrattsthumb_zpsric8yz14.png photo planner_zpsygpii84i.png photo freecomicpage_zpszxdhmovn.png photo mathwriting_zps4r5p1mc1.png photo otherprintablesthumb_zpsvolsw9ta.png

Gluten Free Cookies - can't stop eating them!


UPDATE - February 2013

I am now gluten free! Woot! Started three weeks ago and I'm going to do this for a year or two. I have some health issues to work on too (thyroid nodules, cysts etc). So I re-discovered this beauty of a recipe! These are so delish too! I am trying to avoid sugars so I tried this with a 50/50 honey and maple syrup and they came out much lighter and still tasty.

Hope you enjoy!

Original Post Below:

I have been very good on my diet I think. I have been avoiding refined food and have not been indulging in lots of wheat products. Even cheese makes me a bit yucky these days. And I've stopped taking half and half in my coffee! (I know you're shocked).
Cutting a lot of fat out of the diet because of its high acidity to the body is only one step you can take to feeling healthy (except for good fat).

I took one step toward feeling SATISFIED today...I made gluten free, dairy free cookies. And they were chocolate chip, as you can see by the photo above. I want to share this recipe with you because it is incredible. I made it up myself (yes, I'm patting myself on the back, pat...pat).
Even if you're not avoiding wheat and dairy you can have your cookie and eat it too!
Enjoy!
Oh and the raw batter tastes really weird so don't mix it in with your favorite ice cream. Really.

Sarah's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Turn on oven to 425 degrees.
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In your Kitchenaid:

1 cup coconut oil at warm room temperature

1/2-3/4 cup organic rapadura OR sucanat

Blend this till it looks smooth. Then add:

2 eggs

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. baking powder

1/2 c. all purpose gluten free baking flour from Bob's Red Mill

Mix this into a lovely paste in your bowl on low.

Add:

1/2 c. raw creamy unsalted almond butter

This will make it look shiny and sticky. When it looks like this it is time to add:

1/2 c. dark chocolate chips

1/2 c. raisins

1/2 c. shredded coconut

3/4 c. oats

Mix slowly in mixer to combine. You'll probably have to use your hands at some point.
This isn't a problem if you have your baking sheet ready to go. Use your fingers to grab about a walnut size bit of the dough and roll into a ball. Place on sheet. Leave about 2 inches between each ball of dough. When you have filled the cookie sheet, hold with one hand and press two fingers into the ball and flatten into a round cookie.
Pop this into the oven for about 10 minutes. I like mine crisp, so you could try 8 minutes for a less crisp cookies.
These will never turn out chewy because there is no butter in them.

Cool on a rack and enjoy with ice tea or a cup of coffee. They won't last long. Believe me.

 Take a picture, because it will last longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment