photo wildkrattsthumb_zpsric8yz14.png photo planner_zpsygpii84i.png photo freecomicpage_zpszxdhmovn.png photo mathwriting_zps4r5p1mc1.png photo otherprintablesthumb_zpsvolsw9ta.png

Dairy Free Frosting - made with Coconut Oil

I adore trying different ways of making recipes...tweaking here and there and coming up with something completely different.
Today I made dairy/egg free cupcakes and concocted a frosting to match. (You can also make it grain free by using Bob's Red Mill Bean Flour).

Dairy Free Frosting Recipe

3/4 cup coconut oil
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar (usually contains cornstarch, so check the ingredient list)
1/4 t. salt
1 T. powdered coffee (optional)
2 T. boiling water
1/4 cup cocoa

Place everything in the mixer and whip up. The boiling water should soften the coconut oil enough to beat in the sugar. Add vanilla or other flavoring if you desire. I used the oil that has the coconut fragrance, which I love, but the non-smelling kind is available.

This freezes well too, if you have some leftovers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing. Thank you! I added 1 tsp vanilla and left out the coffee bc making for kids. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this frosting for a chocolate garbanzo bean cake and it was delicious! The first time I followed the recipe and it was a little chunky. The second time I made it I used about 1/3cup coconut oil and 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Somehow it made the consistency a little smoother. Thank you for a wonderful dairy free frosting idea!

    Here is the cake I made it with: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2011/10/chocolate-orange-garbanzo-bean-cake-2.html#comment-14811

    ReplyDelete