photo wildkrattsthumb_zpsric8yz14.png photo planner_zpsygpii84i.png photo freecomicpage_zpszxdhmovn.png photo mathwriting_zps4r5p1mc1.png photo otherprintablesthumb_zpsvolsw9ta.png

Reliving Star Trek and Grandma's house


Hub and I went to see the new Star Trek tonight and it was AWESOME! Absolutely loved it even though I wasn't in the mood to see stuff blow up. You have to go see it, you won't be disappointed or feel like you'd wasted your money. Just plain fun! Especially if you loved the original series like I did when I was a kid.
I thought the new Dr. McCoy was HOT!!! And I don't say things like that lightly people.

Hub and I also got talking about when we were kids and stuff. Star Trek reminded us of that. I remember the bug zappers at my grandparent's house down in Baton Rouge/Loranger, Louisiana. And the tree frogs jumping on the glass and we would study their underbellies. Then we'd run out there and try to grab one and hold it until it peed on us. I also have very fond memories of wandering around in the creek beds, all sandy and clear, fallen branches and leaves around, the sound of water running through. It was so surreal. Now it's contaminated and you can't swim in the creeks. So sad. I worry my kids won't get any memories like that living in Los Angeles. Kind of not fair.

1 comment:

  1. My hubbie and I liked the new Star Trek movie too. We both watched the old ones years ago but we also watched the newer ones too. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete