photo wildkrattsthumb_zpsric8yz14.png photo planner_zpsygpii84i.png photo freecomicpage_zpszxdhmovn.png photo mathwriting_zps4r5p1mc1.png photo otherprintablesthumb_zpsvolsw9ta.png

Crystal Cove - Playing Hard to Get


It's been a dream of mine for a long time to spend several days with my family at Crystal Cove.
Crystal Cove is a group of beach huts and cottages that have been preserved by the state and are rented out 365 days a year as a campground. Booked up six months in advance, it is hard to get a spot. Plus you can only reserve seven days a year. It's not cheap, but it's rustic and ON THE BEACH near Newport Beach, CA. Check out their site here. Other great info here and here.

I marked my calendar to remind myself to log on at 8 a.m. to try to get the few slots that become available for six months ahead. (Buy July 1st for January 2010). Of course, I forgot! I remembered at 5 pm. A little late there Different Dog. Ha ha. I logged in to Reserve America, which I secretly detest, and went to January 2010. There were four days left in the middle of January for a shared loft type space. Not exactly family friendly. So, I discussed w/ Hubs and Kat what we should do. I would really like us ALL to go and stay in a place alone or take some other friends with us. We decided Hubs and I would go for two nights and check it out and I would keep trying to get a place for all of us. August 1st has Crystal Cove all over it. Let's see if I remember in 30 days!
Have any of you been to Crystal Cove cottages? Any insider information you might want to share?
There are many beautiful places here that I have not been to. And I have to go before I move away. I'm setting a goal to go to a new place at least once a week this summer. Pretty cool goal I think. Better than house cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment